Last Modified 12/16/2014
Hours and Days of Operation
1. Life Extension's Health advisors are available to help answer questions by phone Mon-Fri from 8:00 am until 1:00 am Eastern Standard Time (ET) and Sat-Sun from 9:00 am until 1:00 am Eastern Standard Time (ET). On most weekdays, health advisors are available to assist customers by providing information on difficult-to-treat health problems.
2. While the advice of our health advisors is based on their knowledge and experience, their advice and recommendations are not intended to replace the advice of your physician. You are encouraged to seek advice from a competent medical professional regarding the applicability of any recommendation with regard to your symptoms or condition.
Non-Disclosure of Medical Information
3. We realize that you phone, write, and e-mail us about intimate health concerns. Therefore, Life Extension is highly committed to the protection of your privacy. Life Extension has a strict policy of never disclosing confidential health information unless required by law (see #8 below). This means that customers who contact us need not worry that third parties will gain improper access to their private medical information.
Collection of Data
4. Every time you visit our website, we automatically collect your Internet service provider's address, the web page from which you came, and a record of your activity on our site. When you purchase from Life Extension or request a catalog, we collect information that you volunteer such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number and other information necessary to process your order or send you a catalog.
What We Do With Data
5. The information we receive allows us to tailor our product offer and improve your shopping experience, making shopping easier and more enjoyable. It also enables us to process your purchases, confirm your orders, customize the content and layout of our pages, notify you about updates to our website and products, and provide you with marketing information.
We may enter into marketing relationships with advertisers or other companies that provide products or services that we believe may be of interest to Life Extension customers. We will share some Personal Information of non-Member customers with those marketing partners in order to help them send information that we believe will be of interest. We may share non-identifiable aggregated information with these companies. We will not disclose your telephone number, credit card account information or e-mail address for these purposes.
6. Life Extension's Internet website uses small files called "cookies" which may be attached to your Web browser. Use of this technology helps us recognize you when you visit our website and thus allows us to personalize your online experience.
How We Respond to “Do-Not-Track” Signals
7. Life Extension does not respond to Web browser “Do-Not-Track” signals. Additionally, third parties do not collect personally identifiable information about your online activities through our website. If you redirect to a third-party website from Life Extension’s website, the policies concerning your activity on any third-party website will be administered through that third party.
8. Life Extension complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, which requires the consent of a parent or guardian for the collection of personally identifiable information from children under 13 years old.
Changes to Personally Identifiable Information
9. The only information that Life Extension collects is strictly on a voluntary basis. If you would like to request a change to any of your personally identifiable information that you have previously provided you must contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-678-8989 and present your request to them.
When We Will Turn Over Data
11. Life Extension makes no claims that the content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Users from the European Union are advised not to disclose personal information on this website. Access to the content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access Life Extension's Website from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk. Life Extension is not responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
Blood Lab and Clinical Research Data
13. Results from blood lab tests and/or clinical research studies may be used by Life Extension for research, informational and educational purposes from time to time. Any data used for these purposes will be anonymous – meaning that no information which could tie the donor or the study participant to the results will ever be included in the data in any manner.
14. All Life Extension e-mail correspondences offer recipients a link to opt out of future mailings. You may also choose to block all Life Extension e-mails by calling our Customer Service department at 1-800-678-8989. Please allow three to five days to be fully processed and discontinue receiving e-mails from Life Extension.