Iron deficiency is the leading cause of fatigue among women between the time of menstruation and menopause (it is estimated that up to 26% of reproductive aged women are iron deficient). Adolescents and women of childbearing age need to regularly replace the iron that is eliminated through monthly blood loss and demand during pregnancy increases as iron is needed for proper placenta development and prevention of pre-term and low birth weight babies. In children and teenagers, a lack of iron is common due to poor eating habits, stress and growth spurts, and could influence behavior, learning ability and overall health. And endurance athletes and those who exercise regularly lose iron through sweat and the digestive tract, putting them at risk for deficiency and decreased endurance.
Iron is an essential element for the body. It combines with copper and protein to make hemoglobin, a major component of red blood cells which transports oxygen from the lungs to all the tissues of the body. Iron is also needed throughout the body for adenosine triphosphate production (ATP). ATP is required for cellular energy and proper cell function. When iron is low, ATP production drops and energy levels decrease as a result.
Floradix® Floravital® Iron + Herbs Features:
- A safe low dose organic liquid iron supplement
- Contains highly soluble iron gluconate as well as whole food concentrates and cofactors vitamins B and C
- Fast, easy assimilation
- All natural, plant-based formula free of additives, alcohol and preservatives
- Gluten, dairy, lactose and GMO free
- Packaged in environmentally-friendly glass bottles
- Gentle on the digestive tract and non-constipating
- Recommended by naturopaths and midwives
- Floradix® Floravital® is gluten and yeast-free.
- Floradix® Floravital® Iron + Herbs has been clinically proven to effectively normalize low iron levels
- Helps renew vitality
- Each 20 ml serving satisfies the RDA for women of childbearing age
- Beneficial for assisting in proper fetal development
- Promotes the formation of healthy red blood cells
- Beneficial for pregnant and lactating women, athletes, the elderly and vegetarians or vegans