Today’s modern environment, lifestyle and diet are not optimal for maintaining a healthy body. Highly processed foods and a lack of quality nutrition and fiber can lead to a sluggish and ineffective digestive tract. Nature’s Secret Acai Power Berry Pure-Body Cleanse is designed to aid in the elimination of excess waste and toxins in the digestive tract with cleansing herbs and the power of the acai berry.*Ingredients in this formula help trigger contractions in the colon, called peristalsis, which facilitates internal cleansing.* Yet, this formula is also gentle to the digestive tract. For example, traditional use of ginger and slippery elm as demulcents increase its soothing properties.*
Internal cleansing supports the elimination of waste through the digestive tract, a main route of detoxification.1 Acai Power Berry Pure-Body Cleanse is formulated to support the cleansing of the digestive tract, reduce bloating, and increase removal of excess waste and toxins.*2
The power of cleansing is paired with the benefits of antioxidants. This formula includes potent antioxidant protection from acai extract as well as well as concentrated pomegranate, mangosteen, cranberry and blueberry.* The acai berry has been used for centuries by Brazilian natives. Acai is a major source of anthocyanins, which are potent antioxidant compounds.* Hidden within its purple pigment, the acai berry is packed with antioxidants, amino acids, fiber and essential fatty acids. But science has recently discovered a remarkable new benefit of the acai berry. Acai is even more powerful than vitamin E, based on ORAC units (ORAC refers to oxygen radical absorbance capacity, a method of measuring antioxidant capacities of different foods and compounds).3
Acai Power Berry Pure-Body Cleanse also includes cranberry, a powerful and protective antioxidant that supports bladder and urinary tract health.* Cranberry contains proanthocyanidins, powerful compounds that are only found in specific plants.4 Blueberry is extremely high in antioxidants as well, and supplies compounds that are beneficial to cellular health.*5 Many research studies in recent years have revealed pomegranate to be a “super fruit” that contains a wide array of phytochemicals that help promote cellular health and a healthy functioning digestive tract.* Lychee and mangosteen contain antioxidants that are beneficial to health and wellness.*6
1. Lewis, SJ, Heaton KW “The Metabolic Consequences of Slow Colonic Transit”, American Journal of Gastroenterology, 1999.
2. Jensen, B. “Empty Harvest”, Avery Publishing Group, Inc.
3. Schauss AG, et al. Antioxidant capacity and other bioactivities of the freeze-dried Amazonian palm berry, Euterpe oleraceae mart. (acai). J Agric.Food Chem 11-1-2006;54(22):8604-8610
4. Natural Standard Monograph, Cranberry, 2008.
5. Kay C, Holub, BJ. The effect of wild blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium) consumption on postprandial serum antioxidant status in human subjects. Br J Nutr. 2002;88(4):389-398
6. Natural Standard Monograph, Pomegranate, 2008.