- High potency formulation to address lower bowel complaints and maintain healthy flora populations.
- Excellent for traveling, helps to prevent traveler's diarrhea and support normal elimination.
- Improves digestion and tolerance of lactose.
- Supports immune function.
- 70 billion viable/active cells (at date of manufacture).
Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic contains 10 bacterial strains and 70 billion viable cells at the time of manufacture. Three of the strains, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium bifidum, and Bifidobacterium longum, make up approximately 60% of the total viable organisms or approximately 42 billion cells! Why the focus on bifidobacteria? Discovered at the turn of the last century, bifidobacteria are believed to play a pivotal role in maintaining a healthy gastrointestinal tract. Despite the fact that when we are born bifidobacteria makes up approximately 95% of the total gut population, the bifidobacteria population decreases in our intestines as adults and declines further as we advance in age.
There is evidence that the combination of bifidobacteria in Super Bifido Plus Probiotic can help reduce the incidence of traveler's diarrhea and lactose intolerance while increasing immune function.
The specific strains in Super Bifido Plus Probiotic have been specially chosen for their value to the health of the large intestine, and have been formulated to the appropriate viable count.