Dr. Keith Block is at the global vanguard of innovative cancer care. As medical director of the Block Center for Integrative Cancer Treatment in Evanston, Illinois, he has treated thousands of patients who have lived long, full lives beyond their original prognoses. Now he has distilled almost thirty years of experience into the first book that gives patients a systematic, research-based plan for developing the physical and emotional vitality they need to meet the demands of treatment and recovery.
Based on a profound understanding of how body and mind can work together to defeat disease, this groundbreaking book offers:
- Innovative approaches to conventional treatments, such as “chronotherapy”—chemotherapy timed to patients’ unique circadian rhythms for enhanced effectiveness and reduced toxicity
- Dietary choices that make the biochemical environment hostile to cancer growth and recurrence, and strengthen the immune system’s ability to attack remaining cancer cells
- Precise supplement protocols to tame treatment side effects, relieve disease-related symptoms, and modify processes like inflammation and hyperglycemia that can fuel cancer if left untreated
- A new paradigm for exercise and stress reduction that restores strength, reduces anxiety and depression, and supports the body’s own ability to heal
- A complete program for remission maintenance—a proactive plan to help keep the cancer from recurring
Also included are “quick-start” maps to help you find the information you need right now and many case histories that will support and inspire you. Encouraging, compassionate, and authoritative, Life Over Cancer is the guide patients everywhere have been waiting for.