Comprehensive Thyroid Panel
Item Catalog Number: LC100018
An estimated 27 million Americans have thyroid disease, and about 13 million of them are undiagnosed.1 Since symptoms can often be vague such as fatigue, depression, and weight gain many people are not tested for thyroid dysfunction. They simply view the way they’re feeling as typical for their “age”! Fortunately, Life Extension believes that you can and should feel good at every age!
Your thyroid gland sits in the lower portion of your neck and acts as the metabolic throttle for every cell in your body! When your thyroid doesn't function efficiently, it can affect every cell in your body.
Since undiagnosed thyroid problems can increase your risk of obesity, depression, anxiety, hair loss, sexual dysfunction, and fatigue it's very important that you don't go undiagnosed.
This is Life Extension’s most comprehensive thyroid panel and contains the following tests:
- Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH) Evaluates overall thyroid function.
- Total Thyroxine (T4) Evaluates the total amount of T4 produced by the thyroid gland.
- Free Thyroxine (T4) Evaluates the amount of T4 available to the cells and tissues.
- Free Tri-iodothyronine (T3) Measures the amount of T3 (the active form of the hormone) available to the cells and tissues.
- Reverse T3 A non-functioning form of the active hormone T3
- Thyroglobulin antibody (ATA) and Thyroid Peroxidase antibody (TPO) Thyroglobulin and Thyroid Peroxidase are proteins involved in the production of thyroid hormones. It is possible for antibodies from your own immune system to attack these proteins rendering them dysfunctional.
Fasting is not required. Take all medications as prescribed.