Trim Size: 8.375” x 10.875”
Live Area: 7.625” x 10.125”
Bleed Area: 8.625” x 11.125”
If no color proof is provided, color matching cannot be guaranteed, ads will run AS THEY ARE SUPPLIED.
Note: Files other than those listed above or those that require manipulation, corrections or repairs are subject to production charges.
Please send Ad material to:
Life Extension Publications, Inc.
Life Extension Magazine®
3600 W. Commercial Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Printing method: Web offset.
Binding: Perfect bind.
We accept files from Mac and some PC versions of QuarkXPress 6.0, Adobe Illustrator, FreeHand, Adobe Photoshop, and InDesign. Files can be supplied on CD or DVD. Disks must be labeled clearly with advertiser's name, return address, and issue date. Please include a completed copy of the insertion order with a disk, a proof, and a list of all contents including fonts.
Mac versions of QuarkXPress, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Adobe Photoshop. All color used in document should be in CMYK at 300 dpi. Page layout document size must be supplied in actual ad size. Send one ad per disk or CD. On full-page ads, set bleeds to 0.125" (1/8”). Keep live area 0.375" (3/8”) from trim all around.
Use TIFF or EPS files. No JPEGs. Save 4/C images as CMYK. B/W and color images should be scanned at 300 dpi. Line art should be scanned at 600-1200 dpi. Do not scale TIFF and EPS files over 115% of original size. Please include all image and logo files that are used and list them in media output form.
No True Type or Multiple Master fonts accepted. Adobe type 1 fonts preferred, Include ALL fonts on disk (both printer and screen). Include fonts linked to EPS files or convert type to outline.
SWOP Certified color proofs (example: Fuji PictroProof, Digital WaterProof, Matchprint, Kodak Approval and PolaProof ). We will attempt to color match on press as closely as possible to what is provided. All documents (b/w and color) must include a composite laser at 100% for each ad.
Ad Production Costs
All rates are based on receipt of camera-ready ad materials sized to exact dimensions (unless otherwise specified). Files supplied in formats other than those listed above or those that require manipulation, corrections or repairs are subject to production charges.
Errors and Omissions
Life Extension Magazine is not responsible or liable for typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions in advertising materials.
Life Extension Magazine reserves the right to edit text/copy and/or place the wording ADVERTISEMENT (single page) or ADVERTISING SUPPLEMENT (multiple pages) if the ad is over 50% text or is designed in a way which could be mistaken for Life Extension editorial content.
- All ads must be supplied electronically on DVD, CD or e-mail (if transferable).
- Disk and file are labeled with advertiser name, return address and issue for insertion.
- Proofs: Digital - provide hard copy proof.
- Application (program) information and its version, (e.g. Quark 6.0) used to build ad.
- Page layout document size should equal trim size (8.375" x 10.875").
- Ad file has only one page.
- ALL fonts (including fonts in linked EPS files, printer and screen fonts) are supplied along with a list of these fonts.
- All unneeded fonts have been searched and replaced.
- All linked graphics are TIFF and EPS files.
- All scanned photos are 300 dpi at 100% print size.
- All grayscale or color images should be at least 300 dpi. 600-1200 recommended for black & white line art.
- Do not use 72 dpi web images.
- Images with clipping paths have a flatness value of no less than 3 pixels.
- Traps for color ads are set to 0.144 points (Quark default).
- Small black graphics and type are set to overprint.