Uterine Fibroids References
Disease Prevention and Treatment, 5th edition
The references on this page correspond with the print version of Disease Prevention and Treatment, 5th edition. Since we continuously update the protocols online in response to new scientific developments, readers are encouraged to review the latest versions of the protocols.
- Pollow, K., Geilfuss, J., Boquoi, E., Pollow, B. Estrogen and progesterone binding proteins in normal human myometrium and leiomyoma tissue. J. Clin. Chem. Clin. Biochem. 1978 Sep; 16(9): 503-11.
- Sadan, O. Oestrogen and progesterone receptor concentrations in leiomyoma and normal myometrium. Ann. Clin. Biochem. 1987 May; 24(Pt. 3): 263-7.
- Marshall, L.M. A prospective study of reproductive factors and oral contraceptive use in relation to the risk of uterine leiomyomata. Fertil. Steril. 1998 Sep; 70(3): 432-9.
- ATAC Trialists' Group (Arimidex, Tamoxifen Alone or in Combination). Anastrozole alone or in combination with tamoxifen versus tamoxifen alone for adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal women with early breast cancer: first results of the ATAC randomised trial. Lancet 2002 Jun 22; 359(9324): 2131-9; comment, Lancet 2002 Jun 22; 359(9234): 2126-7.
- Gerhard, I., Runnebaum, B. The limits of hormone substitution in pollutant exposure and fertility disorders. Zentralbl. Gynakol. 1992; 114(12): 593-602 (in German).
- Golan, A. GnRH analogues in the treatment of uterine fibroids. Hum. Reprod. 1996 Nov; 11(Suppl. 3): 33-41.
- Serra, G.B. Efficacy of leuprorelin acetate depot in symptomatic fibromatous uteri: the Italian Multicentre Trial. Clin. Ther. 1992; 14(Suppl. A): 57-73.
- Goldin, B.R. Estrogen excretion patterns and plasma levels in vegetarian and omnivorous women. N. Engl. J. Med. 1982 Dec 16; 307(25): 1542-7.