1. Davis DR, Epp MD, Riordan HD. Changes in USDA food composition data for 43 garden crops, 1950 to 1999. J Am Coll Nutr. 2004 Dec;23(6):669-82.
2. Available at: http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/publications/publications.htm?SEQ_NO_115=101867. Accessed June 22, 2005.
3. Siriwoharn T, Wrolstad RE, Finn CE, Pereira CB. Influence of cultivar, maturity, and sampling on blackberry (Rubus L. Hybrids) anthocyanins, polyphenolics, and antioxidant properties. J Agric Food Chem. 2004 Dec 29;52(26):8021-30.
4. Lee JH, Talcott ST. Fruit maturity and juice extraction influences ellagic acid derivatives and other antioxidant polyphenolics in muscadine grapes. J Agric Food Chem. 2004 Jan 28;52(2):361-6.
5. Yoo KM, Lee KW, Park JB, Lee HJ, Hwang IK. Variation in major antioxidants and total antioxidant activity of Yuzu (Citrus junos Sieb ex Tanaka) during maturation and between cultivars. J Agric Food Chem. 2004 Sep 22;52(19):5907-13.
6. Riso P, Visioli F, Gardana C, et al. Effects of blood orange juice intake on antioxidant bioavailability and on different markers related to oxidative stress. J Agric Food Chem. 2005 Feb 23;53(4):941-7.
7. Heo HJ, Lee CY. Strawberry and its anthocyanins reduce oxidative stress-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells. J Agric Food Chem. 2005 Mar 23;53(6):1984-9.
8. Zhang Y, Vareed SK, Nair MG. Human tumor cell growth inhibition by nontoxic anthocyanidins, the pigments in fruits and vegetables. Life Sci. 2005 Feb 11;76(13):1465-72.
9. Serrano M, Guillen F, Martinez-Romero D, Castillo S, Valero D. Chemical constituents and antioxidant activity of sweet cherry at different ripening stages. J Agric Food Chem. 2005 Apr 6;53(7):2741-5.
10. Moure A, Cruz JM, Franco D, et al. Review: natural antioxidants from residual sources. Food Chem 2001; 72:145-71.
11. Giuntini D, Graziani G, Lercari B, et al. Changes in carotenoid and ascorbic acid contents in fruits of different tomato genotypes related to the depletion of UV-B radiation. J Agric Food Chem. 2005 Apr 20;53(8):3174-81.
12. Diaz dlG, Quinlivan EP, Klaus SM, et al. Folate biofortification in tomatoes by engineering the pteridine branch of folate synthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2004 Sep 21;101(38):13720-5.
13. Seneweera SP, Conroy JP. Growth, grain yield and quality of rice (Oryza sativa L.) in response to elevated CO2 and phosphorus nutrition. Soil Sci Plant Nutr. 1997; 43:1131-36.
14. Rapisarda P, Clabretta ML, Romano G, Intrigliolo F. Nitrogen metabolism components as a tool to discriminate between organic and conventional citrus fruits. J Agric Food Chem. 2005 Apr 6;53(7):2664-9.
15. Wang SY, Lin HS. Compost as a soil supplement increases the level of antioxidant compounds and oxygen radical absorbance capacity in strawberries. J Agric Food Chem. 2003 Nov 5;51(23):6844-50.
16. Carbonaro M, Mattera M, Nicoli S, Bergamo P, Cappelloni M. Modulation of antioxidant compounds in organic vs conventional fruit (peach, Prunus persica L., and pear, Pyrus communis L.). J Agric Food Chem. 2002 Sep 11;50(19):5458-62.
17. Asami DK, Hong YJ, Barrett DM, Mitchell AE. Comparison of the total phenolic and ascorbic acid content of freeze-dried and air-dried marionberry, strawberry, and corn grown using conventional, organic, and sustainable agricultural practices. J Agric Food Chem. 2003 Feb 26;51(5):1237-41.
18. Lombardi-Boccia G, Lucarini M, Lanzi S, Aguzzi A, Cappelloni M. Nutrients and antioxidant molecules in yellow plums (Prunus domestica L.) from conventional and organic productions: a comparative study. J Agric Food Chem. 2004 Jan 14;52(1):90-4.
19. Häkkinen S, Törrönen AR. Content of flavonols and selected phenolic acids in strawberries and Vaccinium species: influence of cultivar, cultivation site and technique. Food Res Int. 2000; 33(6):517-24.
20. Bovy A, de Vos R, Kemper M, et al. High-flavonol tomatoes resulting from the heterologous expression of the maize transcription factor genes LC and C1. Plant Cell. 2002 Oct;14(10):2509-26.
21. Gonzalez M, Miglioranza KS, Aizpun de Moreno JE, Moreno VJ. Evaluation of conventionally and organically produced vegetables for high lipophilic organochlorine pesticide (OCP) residues. Food Chem Toxicol. 2005 Feb;43(2):261-9.
22. Bendich A, Leader S, Muhuri P. Supplemental calcium for the prevention of hip fracture: potential health-economic benefits. Clin Ther. 1999 Jun;21(6):1058-72.
23. Larsson SC, Bergkvist L, Wolk A. Magnesium intake in relation to risk of colorectal cancer in women. JAMA. 2005 Jan 5;293(1):86-9.
24. Jacques PF, Taylor A, Moeller S, et al. Long-term nutrient intake and 5-year change in nuclear lens opacities. Arch Ophthalmol. 2005 Apr;123(4):517-26.
25. Kumpulainen JT. Chromium content of foods and diets. Biol Trace Elem Res. 1992 Jan-Mar;32:9-18.
26. Preuss HG, Anderson RA. Chromium update: examining recent literature 1997-1998. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 1998 Nov;1(6):509-12.
27. Lamson DW, Plaza SM. The safety and efficacy of high-dose chromium. Altern Med Rev. 2001 Jun;7(3):218-35.