1. Poretsky L, Brillon DJ, Ferrando S, et al. Endocrine effects of oral dehydroepiandrosterone in men with HIV infection: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Metabolism. 2006 July; 55(7): 858-70.
2. Baron P. The 10 most important blood tests. Life Extension. May, 2006:42-51.
3. Ferrando SJ, Rabkin JG, Poretsky L. Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) and testosterone: relation to HIV illness stage and progression over one year. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 1999 Oct 1;22(2):146-54.
4. Rabkin JG, McElhiney MC, Rabkin R, McGrath PJ, Ferrando SJ. Placebo-controlled trial of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) for treatment of nonmajor depression in patients with HIV/AIDS. Am J Psychiatry. 2006 Jan;163(1):59-66
5. Shores MM, Matsumoto AM, Sloan KL, Kivlahan DR. Low serum testosterone and mortality in male veterans. Arch Intern Med. 2006 Aug 14;166(15):1660-5.
6. Williams LM, Brown KJ, Palmer D, et al. The mellow years? Neural basis of improving emotional stability over age. J Neurosci. 2006 Jun 14;26(24):6422-30.
7. Davis-Searles PR, Nakanishi Y, Kim NC, et al. Milk thistle and prostate cancer: differential effects of pure flavonolignans from Silybum marianum on antiproliferative end points in human prostate carcinoma cells. Cancer Res. 2005 May 15;65(10):4448-57.
8. Shlipak MG, Katz R, Sarnak MJ, et al. Cystatin C and prognosis for cardiovascular and kidney outcomes in elderly persons without chronic kidney disease. Ann Intern Med. 2006 Aug 15;145(4):237-46.
9. Shlipak MG, Sarnak MJ, Katz R, et al. Cystatin C and the risk of death and cardiovascular events among elderly persons. N Engl J Med. 2005 May 19;352(20):2049-60.
10. Lippman ME, Cummings SR, Disch DP, et al. Effect of raloxifene on the incidence of invasive breast cancer in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis categorized by breast cancer risk. Clin Cancer Res. 2006 Sep 1;12(17):5242-7.
11. Morganti P, Fabrizi G, Bruno C. Protective effects of oral antioxidants on skin and eye function. Skinmed. 2004 Nov-Dec;3(6):310-6.
12. See WA, Tyrrell CJ. The addition of bicalutamide 150 mg to radiotherapy significantly improves overall survival in men with locally advanced prostate cancer. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2006 Aug;132(Supplement 13):7-16.
13. Cui Y, Shu XO, Gao YT, Cai H, Tao MH, Zheng W. Association of ginseng use with survival and quality of life among breast cancer patients. Am J Epidemiol. 2006 Apr 1;163(7):645-53.
14. Sato K, Dohi Y, Kojima M, et al. Effects of ascorbic acid on ambulatory blood pressure in elderly patients with refractory hypertension. Arzneimittelforschung. 2006;56(7):535-40.
15. Komeima K, Rogers BS, Lu L, Campochiaro PA. Antioxidants reduce cone cell death in a model of retinitis pigmentosa. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2006 Jul 25;103(30):11300-5.
16. Burke DG, Chilibeck PD, Davidson KS, Candou DG, Farthing J, Smith-Palmer T. The effect of whey protein supplementation with and without creatine monohydrate combined with resistance training on lean tissue mass and muscle strength. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2001 Sep;11(3):349-64.
17. Chrusch MJ, Chilibeck PD, Chad KE, Davison KS, Burke DG. Creatine supplementation combined with resistance training in older men. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2001 Dec;33(12):2111-7.
18. Available at: http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/news/ng.asp?id=70166. Accessed September 14, 2006.
19. Shao A, Hathcock JN. Risk assessment for creatine monohydrate. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2006 Aug;45(3):242-51.
20. Available at: http://www.aacr.org/Default.aspx?p=1274&d=640. Accessed September 14, 2006.
21. Available at: http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenews.aspx?type=healthNews&storyID=2006-09-13T182548Z_01_HAR366333_RTRIDST_0_HEALTH-INCREASED-DEATHS-DC.XML. Accessed September 14, 2006.