1. Polychemotherapy for early breast cancer: an overview of the randomised trials. Early Breast Cancer Trialists’ Collaborative Group. Lancet. 1998 Sep 19;352(9132):930-42.
2. Gelber RD, Cole BF, Goldhirsch A, et al. Adjuvant chemotherapy plus tamoxifen compared with tamoxifen alone for postmenopausal breast cancer: meta-analysis of quality-adjusted survival. Lancet. 1996 Apr 20;347(9008):1066-71.
3. Hayes DF, Thor AD, Dressler LG, et al. Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB) Investigators. HER2 and response to paclitaxel in node-positive breast cancer. N Engl J Med. 2007 Oct 11;357(15):1496-506.
4. Moore A. Breast-cancer therapy—looking back to the future. N Engl J Med. 2007 Oct 11;357(15):1547-9.
5. Gennari A, Sormani MP, Pronzato P, et al. HER2 status and efficacy of adjuvant anthracyclines in early breast cancer: a pooled analysis of randomized trials. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008 Jan 2;100(1):14-20.
6. Swain SM, Whaley FS, Ewer MS. Congestive heart failure in patients treated with doxorubicin: a retrospective analysis of three trials. Cancer. 2003 Jun 1;97(11):2869-79.
7. Kuukasjärvi T, Karhu R, Tanner M, et al. Genetic heterogeneity and clonal evolution underlying development of asynchronous metastasis in human breast cancer. Cancer Res. 1997 Apr 15;57(8):1597-604.
8. Meng S, Tripathy D, Shete S, et al. HER-2 gene amplification can be acquired as breast cancer progresses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004 Jun 22;101(25):9393-8.
9. Wülfing P, Borchard J, Buerger H, et al. HER2-positive circulating tumor cells indicate poor clinical outcome in stage I to III breast cancer patients. Clin Cancer Res. 2006 Mar 15;12(6):1715-20.
10. Chung YM, Park S, Park JK, et al. Establishment and characterization of 5-fluorouracil-resistant gastric cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2000 Oct 16;159(1):95-101.
11. Inaba M, Mitsuhashi J, Sawada H, et al. Reduced activity of anabolizing enzymes in 5-fluorouracil-resistant human stomach cancer cells. Jpn J Cancer Res. 1996 Feb;87(2):212-20.
12. Sebastiani V, Ricci F, Rubio-Viqueira B, et al. Immunohistochemical and genetic evaluation of deoxycytidine kinase in pancreatic cancer: relationship to molecular mechanisms of gemcitabine resistance and survival. Clin Cancer Res. 2006 Apr 15;12(8):2492-7.
13. Di Leo A, Gancberg D, Larsimont D, et al. HER-2 amplification and topoisomerase IIalpha gene aberrations as predictive markers in node-positive breast cancer patients randomly treated either with an anthracycline-based therapy or with cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and 5-fluorouracil. Clin Cancer Res. 2002 May;8(5):1107-16
14. Ciaparrone M, Quirino M, Schinzari G, et al. Predictive role of thymidylate synthase, dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase and thymidine phosphorylase expression in colorectal cancer patients receiving adjuvant 5-fluorouracil. Oncology. 2006;70(5):366-77.
15. Richardson ME, Siemann DW. Thiol-related mechanisms of resistance in a murine tumor model. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1994 May 15;29(2):387-92.
16. Ceppi P, Volante M, Novello S, et al. ERCC1 and RRM1 gene expressions but not EGFR are predictive of shorter survival in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer treated with cisplatin and gemcitabine. Ann Oncol. 2006 Dec;17(12):1818-25
17. Takemura Y, Kobayashi H, Miyachi H. Cellular and molecular mechanisms of resistance to antifolate drugs: new analogues and approaches to overcome the resistance. Int J Hematol. 1997 Dec;66(4):459-77.
18. Borst P, Evers R, Kool M, et al. A family of drug transporters: the multidrug resistance-associated proteins. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000 Aug 16;92(16):1295-302.
19. Litman T, Druley TE, Stein WD, et al. From MDR to MXR: new understanding of multidrug resistance systems, their properties and clinical significance. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2001 Jun;58(7):931-59.
20. Siwak DR, Shishodia S, Aggarwal BB, et al. Curcumin-induced antiproliferative and proapoptotic effects in melanoma cells are associated with suppression of IkappaB kinase and nuclear factor kappaB activity and are independent of the B-Raf/mitogen-activated/extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase pathway and the Akt pathway. Cancer. 2005 Aug 15;104(4):879-90.
21. Hayeshi R, Mutingwende I, Mavengere W, et al. The inhibition of human glutathione S-transferases activity by plant polyphenolic compounds ellagic acid and curcumin. Food Chem Toxicol. 2007 Feb;45(2):286-95.