1. Zimmet P. Diabesity – The biggest epidemic in human history. MedGenMed. 2007;9(3):39.
2. Wild S, Roglic G, Green A, Sicree R, King H. Global prevalence of diabetes: estimates for the year 2000 and projections for 2030. Diabetes Care. 2004 May;27(5):1047-53.
3. Astrup A, Finer N. Redefining Type 2 diabetes: ‘Diabesity’ or ‘Obesity dependent diabetes mellitus’? Obes Rev. 2000;(1):57-9.
4. Gerstein HC, Miller ME, Byington RP, et al. Action to control cardiovascular risk in diabetes study group. Effects of intensive glucose lowering in type 2 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2008. Jun 12;358(24):2545-59.
5. Schmidt MI, Duncan BB. Diabesity: an inflammatory metabolic condition. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2003 Sep;41(9):1120-30.
6. Weisberg SP, Leibel R, Tortoriello DV. Dietary curcumin significantly improves obesity-associated inflammation and diabetes in mouse models of diabesity. Endocrinology. 2008 Jul;149(7):3549-58.
7. Leiter EH, Reifsnyder PC, Xiao Q, Mistry J. Adipokine and insulin profiles distinguish diabetogenic and non-diabetogenic obesities in mice. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2007 Aug;15(8):1961-8.
8. Gastaldi G, Ruiz J. Metabolic dysfunction and chronic stress: a new sight at “diabesity” pandemic. Rev Med Suisse. 2009 Jun 3;5(206):1273-7.
9. Kuroda M, Mimaki Y, Nishiyama T, et al. Hypoglycemic effects of turmeric (Curcuma longa L. rhizomes) on genetically diabetic KK-Ay mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2005 May;28(5):937-9.
10. Murugan P, Pari L, Rao CA. Effect of tetrahydrocurcumin on insulin receptor status in type 2 diabetic rats: studies on insulin binding to erythrocytes. J Biosci. 2008 Mar;33(1):63-72.
11. Jain SK, Rains J, Croad J, Larson B, Jones K. Curcumin supplementation lowers TNF-alpha, IL-6, IL-8, and MCP-1 secretion in high glucose-treated cultured monocytes and blood levels of TNF-alpha, IL-6, MCP-1, glucose, and glycosylated hemoglobin in diabetic rats. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2009 Feb;11(2):241-9.
12. Mahesh T, Sri Balasubashini MM, Menon VP. Photo-irradiated curcumin supplementation in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats: effect on lipid peroxidation. Therapie. 2004 Nov-Dec;59(6):639-44.
13. Majithiya JB, Balaraman R, Giridhar R, Yadav MR. Effect of bis[curcumino]oxovanadium complex on non-diabetic and streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2005;18(3):211-7.
14. Nishiyama T, Mae T, Kishida H, et al. Curcuminoids and sesquiterpenoids in turmeric (Curcuma longa L.) suppress an increase in blood glucose level in type 2 diabetic KK-Ay mice. J Agric Food Chem. 2005 Feb 23;53(4):959-63.
15. Pari L, Murugan P. Effect of tetrahydrocurcumin on blood glucose, plasma insulin and hepatic key enzymes in streptozotocin induced diabetic rats. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol. 2005;16(4):257-74.
16. Fujiwara H, Hosokawa M, Zhou X, et al. Curcumin inhibits glucose production in isolated mice hepatocytes. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008 May;80(2):185-91.
17. Kim T, Davis J, Zhang AJ, He X, Mathews ST. Curcumin activates AMPK and suppresses gluconeogenic gene expression in hepatoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009 Oct 16;388(2):377-82.
18. Sajithlal GB, Chithra P, Chandrakasan G. Effect of curcumin on the advanced glycation and cross-linking of collagen in diabetic rats. Biochem Pharmacol. 1998 Dec 15;56(12):1607-14.
19. Woo HM, Kang JH, Kawada T, Yoo H, Sung MK, Yu R. Active spice-derived components can inhibit inflammatory responses of adipose tissue in obesity by suppressing inflammatory actions of macrophages and release of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 from adipocytes. Life Sci. 2007 Feb 13;80(10):926-31.
20. Jain SK, Rains J, Jones K. Effect of curcumin on protein glycosylation, lipid peroxidation, and oxygen radical generation in human red blood cells exposed to high glucose levels. Free Radic Biol Med. 2006 Jul 1;41(1):92-6.
21. Suryanarayana P, Satyanarayana A, Balakrishna N, Kumar PU, Reddy GB. Effect of turmeric and curcumin on oxidative stress and antioxidant enzymes in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rat. Med Sci Monit. 2007 Dec;13(12):BR286-92.
22. Rema M, Pradeepa R. Diabetic retinopathy: an Indian perspective. Indian J Med Res. 2007 Mar;125(3):297-310.
23. Okamoto T, Yamagishi S, Inagaki Y, et al. Angiogenesis induced by advanced glycation end products and its prevention by cerivastatin. FASEB J. 2002 Dec;16(14):1928-30.
24. Kowluru RA, Kanwar M. Effects of curcumin on retinal oxidative stress and inflammation in diabetes. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2007;4:8.
25. Sameermahmood Z, Balasubramanyam M, Saravanan T, Rema M. Curcumin modulates SDF-1alpha/CXCR4-induced migration of human retinal endothelial cells (HRECs). Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008 Aug;49(8):3305-11.
26. Premanand C, Rema M, Sameer MZ, Sujatha M, Balasubramanyam M. Effect of curcumin on proliferation of human retinal endothelial cells under in vitro conditions. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006 May;47(5):2179-84.
27. Mrudula T, Suryanarayana P, Srinivas PN, Reddy GB. Effect of curcumin on hyperglycemia-induced vascular endothelial growth factor expression in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rat retina. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007 Sep 21;361(2):528-32.
28. Osawa T, Kato Y. Protective role of antioxidative food factors in oxidative stress caused by hyperglycemia. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005 Jun;1043:440-51.
29. Suryanarayana P, Saraswat M, Mrudula T, Krishna TP, Krishnaswamy K, Reddy GB. Curcumin and turmeric delay streptozotocin-induced diabetic cataract in rats. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005 Jun;46(6):2092-9.
30. Murugan P, Pari L. Effect of tetrahydrocurcumin on plasma antioxidants in streptozotocin-nicotinamide experimental diabetes. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol. 2006;17(4):231-44.
31. Murugan P, Pari L. Influence of tetrahydrocurcumin on erythrocyte membrane bound enzymes and antioxidant status in experimental type 2 diabetic rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2007 Sep 25;113(3):479-86.
32. Seo KI, Choi MS, Jung UJ, et al. Effect of curcumin supplementation on blood glucose, plasma insulin, and glucose homeostasis related enzyme activities in diabetic db/db mice. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2008 Sep;52(9):995-1004.
33. Murugan P, Pari L. Effect of tetrahydrocurcumin on lipid peroxidation and lipids in streptozotocin-nicotinamide-induced diabetic rats. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2006 Aug;99(2):122-7.
34. Pari L, Murugan P. Influence of tetrahydrocurcumin on tail tendon collagen contents and its properties in rats with streptozotocin-nicotinamide-induced type 2 diabetes. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2007 Dec;21(6):665-71.
35. Pari L, Murugan P. Tetrahydrocurcumin prevents brain lipid peroxidation in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Med Food. 2007 Jun;10(2):323-29.
36. Rastogi M, Ojha RP, Rajamanickam GV, Agrawal A, Aggarwal A, Dubey GP. Curcuminoids modulates oxidative damage and mitochondrial dysfunction in diabetic rat brain. Free Radic Res. 2008 Nov;42(11-12):999-1005.
37. Gonzales AM, Orlando RA. Curcumin and resveratrol inhibit nuclear factor-kappaB-mediated cytokine expression in adipocytes. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2008;5:17.
38. Li L, Sawamura T, Renier G. Glucose enhances human macrophage LOX-1 expression: role for LOX-1 in glucose-induced macrophage foam cell formation. Circ Res. 2004 Apr 16;94(7):892-901.
39. Wongcharoen W, Phrommintikul A. The protective role of curcumin in cardiovascular diseases. Int J Cardiol. 2009 Apr 3;133(2):145-51.
40. Pari L, Murugan P. Antihyperlipidemic effect of curcumin and tetrahydrocurcumin in experimental type 2 diabetic rats. Ren Fail. 2007;29(7):881-9.
41. Arafa HM. Curcumin attenuates diet-induced hypercholesterolemia in rats. Med Sci Monit. 2005 Jul;11(7):BR228-34.
42. Majithiya JB, Balaraman R. Time-dependent changes in antioxidant enzymes and vascular reactivity of aorta in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats treated with curcumin. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2005 Nov;46(5):697-705.
43. Farhangkhoee H, Khan ZA, Chen S, Chakrabarti S. Differential effects of curcumin on vasoactive factors in the diabetic rat heart. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2006;3:27.
44. Raghavendra RH, Naidu KA. Spice active principles as the inhibitors of human platelet aggregation and thromboxane biosynthesis. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2009 Jul;81(1):73-8.
45. Usharani P, Mateen AA, Naidu MU, Raju YS, Chandra N. Effect of NCB-02, atorvastatin and placebo on endothelial function, oxidative stress and inflammatory markers in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a randomized, parallel-group, placebo-controlled, 8-week study. Drugs R D. 2008;9(4):243-50.
46. Shapiro H, Bruck R. Therapeutic potential of curcumin in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. Nutr Res Rev. 2005 Dec;18(2):212-21.
47. Suresh Babu P, Srinivasan K. Amelioration of renal lesions associated with diabetes by dietary curcumin in streptozotocin diabetic rats. Mol Cell Biochem. 1998 Apr;181(1-2):87-96.
48. Sharma S, Kulkarni SK, Chopra K. Curcumin, the active principle of turmeric (Curcuma longa), ameliorates diabetic nephropathy in rats. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2006 Oct;33(10):940-5.
49. Murugan P, Pari L. Influence of tetrahydrocurcumin on hepatic and renal functional markers and protein levels in experimental type 2 diabetic rats. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2007 Oct;101(4):241-5.
50. Chiu J, Khan ZA, Farhangkhoee H, Chakrabarti S. Curcumin prevents diabetes-associated abnormalities in the kidneys by inhibiting p300 and nuclear factor-kappaB. Nutrition. 2009 Sep;25(9):964-72.
51. Harris EH. Elevated liver function tests in type 2 diabetes. Clin Diabetes. 2005 Jul;23(3):115-9.
52. Kang Q, Chen A. Curcumin eliminates oxidized LDL roles in activating hepatic stellate cells by suppressing gene expression of lectin-like oxidized LDL receptor-1. Lab Invest. 2009 Nov;89(11):1275-90.
53. Sharma S, Kulkarni SK, Agrewala JN, Chopra K. Curcumin attenuates thermal hyperalgesia in a diabetic mouse model of neuropathic pain. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006 May 1;536(3):256-61.
54. Sharma S, Chopra K, Kulkarni SK. Effect of insulin and its combination with resveratrol or curcumin in attenuation of diabetic neuropathic pain: participation of nitric oxide and TNF-alpha. Phytother Res. 2007 Mar;21(3):278-83.
55. Gispen WH, Biessels GJ. Cognition and synaptic plasticity in diabetes mellitus. Trends Neurosci. 2000 Nov;23(11):542-9.
56. Kuhad A, Chopra K. Curcumin attenuates diabetic encephalopathy in rats: behavioral and biochemical evidences. Eur J Pharmacol. 2007 Dec 8;576(1-3):34-42.
57. Calvani M, Reda E, Arrigoni-Martelli E. Regulation by carnitine of myocardial fatty acid and carbohydrate metabolism under normal and pathological conditions. Basic Res Cardiol. 2000 Apr;95(2):75-83.
58. Mingrone G, Greco AV, Capristo E, et al. L-carnitine improves glucose disposal in type 2 diabetic patients. J Am Coll Nutr. 1999 Feb;18(1):77-82.
59. Dhalla NS, Elimban V, Rupp H. Paradoxical role of lipid metabolism in heart function and dysfunction. Mol Cell Biochem. 1992 Oct 21;116(1-2):3-9.
60. Bandyopadhyay GK, Yu JG, Ofrecio J, Olefsky JM. Increased malonyl-CoA levels in muscle from obese and type 2 diabetic subjects lead to decreased fatty acid oxidation and increased lipogenesis; thiazolidinedione treatment reverses these defects. Diabetes. 2006 Aug;55(8):2277-85.
61. Noland RC, Koves TR, Seiler SE, et al. Carnitine insufficiency caused by aging and overnutrition compromises mitochondrial performance and metabolic control. J Biol Chem. 2009 Aug 21;284(34):22840-52.
62. Perdomo G, Commerford SR, Richard AM, et al. Increased beta-oxidation in muscle cells enhances insulin-stimulated glucose metabolism and protects against fatty acid-induced insulin resistance despite intramyocellular lipid accumulation. J Biol Chem. 2004 Jun 25;279(26):27177-86.
63. Giancaterini A, De Gaetano A, Mingrone G, et al. Acetyl-L-carnitine infusion increases glucose disposal in type 2 diabetic patients. Metabolism. 2000 Jun;49(6):704-8.
64. Rahbar AR, Shakerhosseini R, Saadat N, Taleban F, Pordal A, Gollestan B. Effect of L-carnitine on plasma glycemic and lipidemic profile in patients with type II diabetes mellitus. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2005 Apr;59(4):592-6.
65. Galvano F, Li Volti G, Malaguarnera M, Avitabile T, Antic T, Vacante M. Effects of simvastatin and carnitine versus simvastatin on lipoprotein(a) and apoprotein(a) in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2009 Aug;10(12):1875-82.
66. Malaguarnera M, Vacante M, Motta M, Li Volti G, Galvano F. Effect of l-carnitine on the size of low-density lipoprotein particles in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients treated with simvastatin. Metabolism. 2009 Jul 13.
67. Solfrizzi V, Capurso C, Colacicco AM, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of combined treatment with L-carnitine and simvastatin in lowering lipoprotein(a) serum levels in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Atherosclerosis. 2006 Oct;188(2):455-61.
68. Ruggenenti P, Cattaneo D, Loriga G, et al. Ameliorating hypertension and insulin resistance in subjects at increased cardiovascular risk: effects of acetyl-L-carnitine therapy. Hypertension. 2009 Sep;54(3):567-74.
69. Derosa G, Cicero AF, Gaddi A, Mugellini A, Ciccarelli L, Fogari R. The effect of L-carnitine on plasma lipoprotein(a) levels in hypercholesterolemic patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Clin Ther. 2003 May;25(5):1429-39.
70. Malaguarnera M, Vacante M, Avitabile T, Cammalleri L, Motta M. L-Carnitine supplementation reduces oxidized LDL cholesterol in patients with diabetes. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009 Jan;89(1):71-6.
71. Turpeinen AK, Kuikka JT, Vanninen E, Yang J, Uusitupa MI. Long-term effect of acetyl-L-carnitine on myocardial 123I-MIBG uptake in patients with diabetes. Clin Auton Res. 2000 Feb;10(1):13-6.
72. Lango R, Smolenski RT, Rogowski J, et al. Propionyl-L-carnitine improves hemodynamics and metabolic markers of cardiac perfusion during coronary surgery in diabetic patients. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2005 Aug;19(4):267-75.
73. Greco AV, Mingrone G, Bianchi M, Ghirlanda G. Effect of propionyl-L-carnitine in the treatment of diabetic angiopathy: controlled double blind trial versus placebo. Drugs Exp Clin Res. 1992;18(2):69-80.
74. Santo SS, Sergio N, Luigi DP, et al. Effect of PLC on functional parameters and oxidative profile in type 2 diabetes-associated PAD. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2006 Jun;72(3):231-7.
75. Ragozzino G, Mattera E, Madrid E, et al. Effects of propionyl-carnitine in patients with type 2 diabetes and peripheral vascular disease: results of a pilot trial. Drugs R D. 2004;5(4):185-90.
76. Gentile V, Vicini P, Prigiotti G, Koverech A, Di Silverio F. Preliminary observations on the use of propionyl-L-carnitine in combination with sildenafil in patients with erectile dysfunction and diabetes. Curr Med Res Opin. 2004 Sep;20(9):1377-84.
77. Gentile V, Antonini G, Antonella Bertozzi M, et al. Effect of propionyl-L-carnitine, L-arginine and nicotinic acid on the efficacy of vardenafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction in diabetes. Curr Med Res Opin. 2009 Sep;25(9):2223-8.
78. Morano S, Mandosi E, Fallarino M, et al. Antioxidant treatment associated with sildenafil reduces monocyte activation and markers of endothelial damage in patients with diabetic erectile dysfunction: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Eur Urol. 2007 Dec;52(6):1768-74.
79. De Grandis D, Minardi C. Acetyl-L-carnitine (levacecarnine) in the treatment of diabetic neuropathy. A long-term, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Drugs R D. 2002;3(4):223-31.
80. Sima AA, Calvani M, Mehra M, Amato A, Acetyl LCSG. Acetyl-L-carnitine improves pain, nerve regeneration, and vibratory perception in patients with chronic diabetic neuropathy: an analysis of two randomized placebo-controlled trials. Diabetes Care. 2005 Jan;28(1):89-94.
81. Paolisso G, Tagliamonte MR, Barbieri M, et al. Chronic vitamin E administration improves brachial reactivity and increases intracellular magnesium concentration in type II diabetic patients. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000 Jan;85(1):109-15.
82. Wu JH, Ward NC, Indrawan AP, et al. Effects of alpha-tocopherol and mixed tocopherol supplementation on markers of oxidative stress and inflammation in type 2 diabetes. Clin Chem. 2007 Mar;53(3):511-9.
83. Devaraj S, Leonard S, Traber MG, Jialal I. Gamma-tocopherol supplementation alone and in combination with alpha-tocopherol alters biomarkers of oxidative stress and inflammation in subjects with metabolic syndrome. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008 Mar 15;44(6):1203-8.
84. Rizzo MR, Abbatecola AM, Barbieri M, et al. Evidence for anti-inflammatory effects of combined administration of vitamin E and C in older persons with impaired fasting glucose: impact on insulin action. J Am Coll Nutr. 2008 Aug;27(4):505-11.
85. Vincent HK, Bourguignon CM, Weltman AL, et al. Effects of antioxidant supplementation on insulin sensitivity, endothelial adhesion molecules, and oxidative stress in normal-weight and overweight young adults. Metabolism. 2009 Feb;58(2):254-62.
86. Rodriguez-Moran M, Guerrero-Romero F. Oral magnesium supplementation improves insulin sensitivity and metabolic control in type 2 diabetic subjects: a randomized double-blind controlled trial. Diabetes Care. 2003 Apr;26(4):1147-52.
87. Guerrero-Romero F, Tamez-Perez HE, Gonzalez-Gonzalez G, et al. Oral magnesium supplementation improves insulin sensitivity in non-diabetic subjects with insulin resistance. A double-blind placebo-controlled randomized trial. Diabetes Metab. 2004 Jun;30(3):253-8.
88. Song Y, He K, Levitan EB, Manson JE, Liu S. Effects of oral magnesium supplementation on glycaemic control in Type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis of randomized double-blind controlled trials. Diabet Med. 2006 Oct;23(10):1050-6.
89. Guerrero-Romero F, Rodriguez-Moran M. The effect of lowering blood pressure by magnesium supplementation in diabetic hypertensive adults with low serum magnesium levels: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. J Hum Hypertens. 2009 Apr;23(4):245-51.
90. De Leeuw I, Engelen W, De Block C, Van Gaal L. Long term magnesium supplementation influences favourably the natural evolution of neuropathy in Mg-depleted type 1 diabetic patients (T1dm). Magnes Res. 2004 Jun;17(2):109-14.
91. Barragan-Rodriguez L, Rodriguez-Moran M, Guerrero-Romero F. Efficacy and safety of oral magnesium supplementation in the treatment of depression in the elderly with type 2 diabetes: a randomized, equivalent trial. Magnes Res. 2008 Dec;21(4):218-23.
92. Farvid MS, Siassi F, Jalali M, Hosseini M, Saadat N. The impact of vitamin and/or mineral supplementation on lipid profiles in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2004 Jul;65(1):21-8.
93. Farvid MS, Jalali M, Siassi F, Hosseini M. Comparison of the effects of vitamins and/or mineral supplementation on glomerular and tubular dysfunction in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2005 Oct;28(10):2458-64.
94. Dou M, Ma AG, Wang QZ, et al. Supplementation with magnesium and vitamin E were more effective than magnesium alone to decrease plasma lipids and blood viscosity in diabetic rats. Nutr Res. 2009 Jul;29(7):519-24.
95. Bonnefont-Rousselot D. The role of antioxidant micronutrients in the prevention of diabetic complications. Treat Endocrinol. 2004;3(1):41-52.
96. Sales CH, Pedrosa Lde F. Magnesium and diabetes mellitus: their relation. Clin Nutr. 2006 Aug;25(4):554-62.
97. Barbagallo M, Dominguez LJ, Tagliamonte MR, Resnick LM, Paolisso G. Effects of vitamin E and glutathione on glucose metabolism: role of magnesium. Hypertension. 1999 Oct;34(4 Pt 2):1002-6.
98. Guerrero-Romero F, Rodríguez-Morán M. Pioglitazone increases serum magnesium levels in glucose-intolerant subjects. A randomized, controlled trial. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2003 Apr;111(2):91-6.
99. Haenni A, Ohrvall M, Lithell H. Serum magnesium status during lipid-lowering drug treatment in non-insulin-dependent diabetic patients. Metabolism. 2001 Oct;50(10):1147-51.
100. Vinayagamoorthi R, Bobby Z, Sridhar MG. Antioxidants preserve redox balance and inhibit c-Jun-N-terminal kinase pathway while improving insulin signaling in fat-fed rats: evidence for the role of oxidative stress on IRS-1 serine phosphorylation and insulin resistance. J Endocrinol. 2008 May;197(2):287-96.
101. Seely KA, Levi MS, Prather PL. The dietary polyphenols trans-resveratrol and curcumin selectively bind human CB1 cannabinoid receptors with nanomolar affinities and function as antagonists/inverse agonists. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 Jul;330(1):31-9.
102. Jang EM, Choi MS, Jung UJ, et al. Beneficial effects of curcumin on hyperlipidemia and insulin resistance in high-fat-fed hamsters. Metabolism. 2008 Nov;57(11):1576-83.
103. Ejaz A, Wu D, Kwan P, Meydani M. Curcumin inhibits adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and angiogenesis and obesity in C57/BL mice. J Nutr. 2009 May;139(5):919-25.
104. Lee YK, Lee WS, Hwang JT, Kwon DY, Surh YJ, Park OJ. Curcumin exerts antidifferentiation effect through AMPKalpha-PPAR-gamma in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and antiproliferatory effect through AMPKalpha-COX-2 in cancer cells. J Agric Food Chem. 2009 Jan 14;57(1):305-10.
105. Ohara K, Uchida A, Nagasaka R, Ushio H, Ohshima T. The effects of hydroxycinnamic acid derivatives on adiponectin secretion. Phytomedicine. 2009 Mar;16(2-3):130-7.