1. Dauer LT, Zanzonico P, Tuttle RM, Quinn DM, Strauss HW. The Japanese tsunami and resulting nuclear emergency at the Fukushima Daiichi power facility: technical, radiologic, and response perspectives. J Nucl Med. 2011 Sep;52(9):1423-32.
2. Salbu B. Radionuclides released to the environment following nuclear events. Integr Environ Assess Manag. 2011 Jul;7(3):362-4.
3. Vives i Batlle J. Impact of nuclear accidents on marine biota. Integr Environ Assess Manag. 2011 Jul;7(3):365-7.
4. Bolsunovsky A, Dementyev D. Evidence of the radioactive fallout in the center of Asia (Russia) following the Fukushima Nuclear Accident. J Environ Radioact. 2011 Nov;102(11):1062-4.
5. Potiriadis C, Kolovou M, Clouvas A, Xanthos S. Environmental radioactivity measurements in Greece following the Fukushima Daichi nuclear accident. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2011 Nov 16.
6. Lozano RL, Hernandez-Ceballos MA, Adame JA, et al. Radioactive impact of Fukushima accident on the Iberian Peninsula: evolution and plume previous pathway. Environ Int. 2011 Oct;37(7):1259-64.
7. Biegalski SR, Bowyer TW, Eslinger PW, et al. Analysis of data from sensitive U.S. monitoring stations for the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactor accident. J Environ Radioact. 2011 Nov 30.
8. Bowyer TW, Biegalski SR, Cooper M, et al. Elevated radioxenon detected remotely following the Fukushima nuclear accident. J Environ Radioact. 2011 Jul;102(7):681-7.
9. Sinclair LE, Seywerd HC, Fortin R, et al. Aerial measurement of radioxenon concentration off the west coast of Vancouver Island following the Fukushima reactor accident. J Environ Radioact. 2011 Nov;102(11):1018-23.
10. Priyadarshi A, Dominguez G, Thiemens MH. Evidence of neutron leakage at the Fukushima nuclear plant from measurements of radioactive 35S in California. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011 Aug 30;108(35):14422-5.
11. Available at: www.eia.gov/energy_in_brief/nuclear_industry.cfm. Accessed December 22, 2011.
12. Guidance: Potassium Iodide as a Thyroid Blocking Agent in Radiation Emergencies. In: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, edRockville, MD: Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER); 2001.
13. Zanzonico PB, Becker DV. Effects of time of administration and dietary iodine levels on potassium iodide (KI) blockade of thyroid irradiation by 131I from radioactive fallout. Health Phys. 2000 Jun;78(6):660-7.
14. Franic Z. Iodine prophylaxis and nuclear accidents. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 1999 Jun;50(2):223-33.
15. Christodouleas JP, Forrest RD, Ainsley CG, Tochner Z, Hahn SM, Glatstein E. Short-term and long-term health risks of nuclear-power-plant accidents. N Engl J Med. 2011 Jun 16;364(24):2334-41.
16. Wendisch M, Drechsel J, Freudenberg R, Runge R, Wunderlich G, Kotzerke J. Cellular damage in vitro. Nuklearmedizin. 2009;48(5):208-14.
17. Kroizman-Sheiner E, Brickner D, Canfi A, Schwarzfuchs D. Blocking of the thyroid against I-131 following a nuclear disaster. Harefuah. 2005 Jul;144(7):497-501.
18. Cardis E, Hatch M. The Chernobyl accident—an epidemiological perspective. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2011 May;23(4):251-60.
19. Nikiforov YE. Radiation-induced thyroid cancer: what we have learned from chernobyl. Endocr Pathol. 2006 Winter;17(4):307-17.
20. Saenko V, Ivanov V, Tsyb A, et al. The Chernobyl accident and its consequences. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2011 May;23(4):234-43.
21. Ron E. Thyroid cancer incidence among people living in areas contaminated by radiation from the Chernobyl accident. Health Phys. 2007 Nov;93(5):502-11.
22. Jang M, Kim HK, Choi CW, Kang CS. Thyroid dose estimation with potassium iodide (KI) administration in a nuclear emergency. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2008;132(3):303-7.
23. Jang M, Kim HK, Choi CW, Kang CS. Age-dependent potassium iodide effect on the thyroid irradiation by 131I and 133I in the nuclear emergency. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2008;130(4):499-502.
24. Kahn LH, von Hippel F. Nuclear power plant emergencies and thyroid cancer risk. What New Jersey physicians need to know. N J Med. 2004 Apr;101(4):22-7; quiz 28-30.
25. Hamada N, Ogino H. Food safety regulations: what we learned from the Fukushima nuclear accident. J Environ Radioact. 2011 Oct 11.
26. Tronko M, Bogdanova T, Voskoboynyk L, Zurnadzhy L, Shpak V, Gulak L. Radiation induced thyroid cancer: fundamental and applied aspects. Exp Oncol. 2010 Sep;32(3):200-4.
27. Bonato CC, Elnecave RH. Thyroid disorders associated with external radiation in children and adolescents. Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol. 2011 Aug;55(6):359-66.
28. Brenner AV, Tronko MD, Hatch M, et al. I-131 dose response for incident thyroid cancers in Ukraine related to the Chornobyl accident. Environ Health Perspect. 2011 Jul;119(7):933-9.
29. Papadopoulou F, Efthimiou E. Thyroid cancer after external or internal ionizing irradiation. Hell J Nucl Med. 2009 Sep-Dec;12(3):266-70.
30. Iodine. Monograph. Altern Med Rev. 2010 Sep;15(3):273-8.
31. Charlton K, Skeaff S. Iodine fortification: why, when, what, how, and who? Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2011 Nov;14(6):618-24.
32. Speeckaert MM, Speeckaert R, Wierckx K, Delanghe JR, Kaufman JM. Value and pitfalls in iodine fortification and supplementation in the 21st century. Br J Nutr. 2011 Oct;106(7):964-73.
33. Harris CA, Fisher JW, Rollor EA, 3rd, et al. Evaluation of potassium iodide (KI) and ammonium perchlorate (NH4ClO4) to ameliorate 131I- exposure in the rat. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2009;72(14):909-14.
34. Hammond WT, Bradley EL, Welsh RE, et al. A gamma camera re-evaluation of potassium iodide blocking efficiency in mice. Health Phys. 2007 Apr;92(4):396-406.
35. Lawrence DT, Kirk MA. Chemical terrorism attacks: update on antidotes. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2007 May;25(2):567-95.
36. Guidance: Potassium Iodide as a Thyroid Blocking Agent in Radiation Emergencies. In: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, edRockville, MD: Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER); 2001.
37. Spallek L, Krille L, Reiners C, Schneider R, Yamashita S, Zeeb H. Adverse effects of iodine thyroid blocking: a systematic review. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2011 Oct 20.
38. Teng W Fau - Shan Z, Shan Z Fau - Teng X, Teng X Fau - Guan H, et al. Effect of iodine intake on thyroid diseases in China. 20060629 DCOM- 20060706 (1533-4406 (Electronic)).
39. Normile D. Japan disaster. Citizens find radiation far from Fukushima. Science. 2011 Jun 17;332(6036):1368.
40. Available at: www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/world/asia/meltdown-in-japan-may-have-been-worse-than-thought.html?scp=1&sq=Study%20Shows%20Worse%20Picture% 20of%20Meltdown%20in%20Japan&st=cse. Accessed December 22, 2011.
41. Available at: www.nytimes.com/2011/12/05/world/asia/more-leaks-from-fukushima-daiichi-nuclear-plant.html?scp=1&sq=More%20Radioactive%20Water%20Leaks%20at%20Japanese%20Plant&st=cse. Accessed December 22, 2011.
42 Available at: www.nytimes.com/2011/12/15/world/asia/japan-set-to-declare-control-over-damaged-nuclear-reactors.html?scp=1&sq=Japan%20May%20Declare%20Control%20of%20Reactors,%20Over%20Serious%20Doubts&st=cse. Accessed December 22, 2011.
43. Available at: www.nytimes.com/2011/12/22/world/asia/japan-needs-40-years-to-decommission-fukushima-daiichi-nuclear-reactors.html?scp=1&sq=Japan%20Says%20Decommissioning%20Damaged%20Reactors%20Could%20Take%2040%20Years&st=cse. Accessed December 22, 2011.
44. New Seismic Model Will Refine Hazard Analysis at U.S. Plants, NRC News, No. 12-010, January 31, 2012.