Today’s consumers are inundated with contradictory medical claims about vitamins and nutritional supplements, making it difficult to choose a science-based program to protect their precious health.
To take the guesswork out of what aging humans should do extend their productive lives, the Life Extension Foundation publishes an annual list of the Top Ten best vitamins and dietary supplements documented, including hormones and drugs.
When compiling this Top Ten list, the primary factor Life Extension considers is the preponderance of scientific evidence that substantiates the biological benefits of each dietary supplement recommended.
Next, Life Extension examines the cost-to-benefit ratio to enable consumers to obtain the maximum degree of protection at a reasonable price. This means that more expensive choices are ruled out if a lower cost item provides a similar degree of effectiveness.
Finally, convenience plays a very important part. Life Extension wants to make sure that consumers obtain the maximum potency available in the fewest numbers of capsules or tablets swallowed each day.
Top ten nutritional supplements
- Multivitamins and minerals (Life Extension Mix)
- Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)
- Mitochondrial function (Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer)
- Hormone balance (DHEA, etc.)
- Brain cell function (Cognitex)
- Bone health (for women and men)
- Prostate health (for men)
- Neural and hepatic health (SAMe)
- Cardiovascular health (aspirin)
- Vitamin K, Gamma-Tocopherol (Super Booster)
The UltraMind Solution: The Simple Plan to Defeat Depression, Overcome Anxiety and Sharpen Your Mind,
by Mark Hyman, MD, 3-time NY Times bestselling author and pioneer in the cutting-edge field of functional medicine.
Why is it that there seems to be an epidemic of people with mood problems such as depression and irritability; attention and behavior problems such as ADD/ADHD and autism; and aging problems such as dementia, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's?
Are we all simply destined to lose our focus, concentration and memory while at the same time becoming depressed, anxious and tired all the time?
According to a fascinating book, the answer is...of course not!
And there’s a simple 7-step solution that you can use right now to "unleash your body's hidden ability to dramatically improve mood, memory and thinking speed," according to Mehmet Oz, MD, who endorsed the book.
This new book, The UltraMind Solution: The Simple Plan to Defeat Depression, Overcome Anxiety and Sharpen Your Mind, is by Mark Hyman, MD, 3-time NY Times bestselling author and pioneer in the cutting-edge field of functional medicine.
Some of the interesting things you'll discover and be able to put to immediate use are:
- How to increase your body's own natural flypaper-like sticky substance to gobble up and eliminate toxins that are dulling your mind...
- What substance you eat every day that literally hardens and encrusts your brain, slowing your thinking and causing mood swings...
- How 2 of the most powerful natural chemicals in your body, when out of balance, can send your brain into a thick fog (and make it harder to fit into your jeans)...