Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- If you have asthma or an autoimmune disease, do not use melatonin.
- Swallow whole - do not bite or open capsule.
- Do not use if you have, or suspect you have an ulcer.
- Those who supplement with NAC should drink six to eight glasses of water daily to prevent cysteine renal stones.
- Cysteine renal stones are rare but do occur.
Deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL)
- Any product containing licorice can potentially interact with anticoagulant and hormonal therapies.
- If muscle tension or headaches occur, reduce dose or discontinue product, and inform your physician if they do not subside.
- Do not take this product unless you are truly deficient in iron.
- Excess iron may cause increased oxidation leading to inflammation.