Life Extension Suggestions
Initial strategies to reduce allergy symptoms should include avoiding known allergens as much as possible and ensuring that your environment is kept clean; regular vacuuming and use of an air purifier may help. Working with a qualified healthcare practitioner to identify allergens that you react to (using IgE antibody testing) and to initiate immunotherapy is an effective strategy for mitigating allergy symptoms. Many innovative doctors report that elimination diets based on quantitative IgG antibody testing are clinically effective for food allergies. In addition, the following natural compounds may help ease allergy symptoms:
- Vitamin D: 5000 – 8000 IU daily; depending upon blood levels of 25-OH-vitamin D
- Natural Vitamin E: 100 – 400 IU alpha-tocopherol and 200 mg gamma-tocopherol daily
- Vitamin C: 1000 – 2000 mg daily
- Magnesium: 140 – 500 elemental milligrams of highly-absorbable magnesium
- Fish oil (with olive polyphenols): providing 1400 mg EPA and 1000 mg DHA daily
- Butterbur; standardized extract: 75 – 150 mg daily
- Rosmarinic acid: 50 – 100 mg daily
- Quercetin (providing quercetin glycoside derivatives and free quercetin): 250 – 500 mg daily
- Hesperidin methyl chalcone: 100 – 600 mg daily
- Stinging nettle (leaf); standardized extract: 500 – 1500 mg daily
- Spirulina: 1000 – 2000 mg daily
- DHEA: Based upon blood test results; doses typically range from 15 – 25 mg daily for women, and 25 – 75 mg daily for men.
In addition, the following blood testing resources may be helpful:
Disclaimer and Safety Information
This information (and any accompanying material) is not intended to replace the attention or advice of a physician or other qualified health care professional. Anyone who wishes to embark on any dietary, drug, exercise, or other lifestyle change intended to prevent or treat a specific disease or condition should first consult with and seek clearance from a physician or other qualified health care professional. Pregnant women in particular should seek the advice of a physician before using any protocol listed on this website. The protocols described on this website are for adults only, unless otherwise specified. Product labels may contain important safety information and the most recent product information provided by the product manufacturers should be carefully reviewed prior to use to verify the dose, administration, and contraindications. National, state, and local laws may vary regarding the use and application of many of the treatments discussed. The reader assumes the risk of any injuries. The authors and publishers, their affiliates and assigns are not liable for any injury and/or damage to persons arising from this protocol and expressly disclaim responsibility for any adverse effects resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
The protocols raise many issues that are subject to change as new data emerge. None of our suggested protocol regimens can guarantee health benefits. The publisher has not performed independent verification of the data contained herein, and expressly disclaim responsibility for any error in literature.