Life Extension Suggestions
- Saw palmetto extract [std. to 85%-95% total fatty acids and sterols (272 mg)]: 320 mg daily
- Flower pollen extract (Secale cereale): 252 mg daily
- Pumpkin seed oil extract [std. to 85% total fatty acids (170 mg)]: 200 mg daily
- Stinging nettle extract (root): 240 mg daily
- Pygeum extract (bark): 100 mg daily
- Lycopene: 10 mg daily
- Beta-sitosterol: 180 mg daily
- Boswellia serrata extract [std. to 20% 3-O-acetyl-11-keto-β-boswellic acid (AKBA) (14 mg)]: 70 mg daily
- Lignans (from Norway spruce and flaxseed): 20 mg daily
- Soy isoflavones: 135 mg (including 28 mg genistein) daily
- Fish oil (with olive polyphenols): providing 1400 mg EPA and 1000 mg DHA daily
- Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA): 300 – 600 mg daily
- Vitamin C: 1000 – 2000 mg daily
- Beta-carotene: 4500 IU daily
- Lutein: 15 mg daily
- Selenium: 200 – 400 mcg daily
- Garlic extract [std. to 10 000 ppm allicin potential (12 mg)]: 1200 – 4800 mg daily
In addition, the following blood tests may be helpful:
- Male Comprehensive Hormone Panel (includes PSA, total and free testosterone, DHEA-S, DHT, and estradiol). Life Extension recommends men complete the Male Comprehensive Hormone Panel annually to monitor hormone and PSA levels.
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP)
Disclaimer and Safety Information
This information (and any accompanying material) is not intended to replace the attention or advice of a physician or other qualified health care professional. Anyone who wishes to embark on any dietary, drug, exercise, or other lifestyle change intended to prevent or treat a specific disease or condition should first consult with and seek clearance from a physician or other qualified health care professional. Pregnant women in particular should seek the advice of a physician before using any protocol listed on this website. The protocols described on this website are for adults only, unless otherwise specified. Product labels may contain important safety information and the most recent product information provided by the product manufacturers should be carefully reviewed prior to use to verify the dose, administration, and contraindications. National, state, and local laws may vary regarding the use and application of many of the treatments discussed. The reader assumes the risk of any injuries. The authors and publishers, their affiliates and assigns are not liable for any injury and/or damage to persons arising from this protocol and expressly disclaim responsibility for any adverse effects resulting from the use of the information container herein.
The protocols raise many issues that are subject to change as new data emerge. None of our suggested protocol regimens can guarantee health benefits. The publisher has not performed independent verification of the data contained herein, and expressly disclaim responsibility for any error in literature.