Life Extension Suggestions
Thyroid hormone supplementation: If hormones are necessary, work with an experienced medical provider to find a hormone supplement that works best for you.
The following suggestions may support thyroid hormone production.
- Iodine: Up to 1150 mcg daily. Intake above this amount is generally well tolerated. The exact dosage to be taken should be determined by thyroid function testing and the advice of a health care professional.
- Selenium: 200 – 400 mcg daily
- Zinc: 30 – 80 mg daily
- Copper: 1 – 2 mg daily
- Curcumin (as highly absorbed BCM-95®): 400 – 800 mg daily
- Natural Vitamin E: 400 IU alpha-tocopherol and 200 mg gamma-tocopherol
- Vitamin C: 1000 – 2000 mg daily
- Iron: Check for deficiency and correct if low
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin): 1000 – 2000 mcg daily
- DHEA: The exact dosage to be taken should be determined by blood testing and the advice of a physician. Typical dosages range from 15 – 75 mg daily taken in the morning. DHEA serum blood tests are suggested 3 – 6 weeks after initiating DHEA replacement therapy to optimize individual dosing.
- Pregnenolone: Check for deficiencies and correct if low. Typical dosages are 50 – 100 mg daily. A complete hormone profile is suggested when supplementing with pregnenolone as it may affect levels of other hormones, such as progesterone, estrogen, testosterone and/or DHEA.
- Rhodiola, standardized extract: 250 – 500 mg daily
- L-tyrosine: 500 – 1000 mg daily
In addition, the following blood testing resources may be helpful:
Disclaimer and Safety Information
This information (and any accompanying material) is not intended to replace the attention or advice of a physician or other qualified health care professional. Anyone who wishes to embark on any dietary, drug, exercise, or other lifestyle change intended to prevent or treat a specific disease or condition should first consult with and seek clearance from a physician or other qualified health care professional. Pregnant women in particular should seek the advice of a physician before using any protocol listed on this website. The protocols described on this website are for adults only, unless otherwise specified. Product labels may contain important safety information and the most recent product information provided by the product manufacturers should be carefully reviewed prior to use to verify the dose, administration, and contraindications. National, state, and local laws may vary regarding the use and application of many of the treatments discussed. The reader assumes the risk of any injuries. The authors and publishers, their affiliates and assigns are not liable for any injury and/or damage to persons arising from this protocol and expressly disclaim responsibility for any adverse effects resulting from the use of the information container herein.
The protocols raise many issues that are subject to change as new data emerge. None of our suggested protocol regimens can guarantee health benefits. The publisher has not performed independent verification of the data contained herein, and expressly disclaim responsibility for any error in literature.