Life Extension Suggestions
Thyroid hormone supplementation: If hormones are necessary, work with an experienced medical provider to find a hormone supplement that works best for you.
The following suggestions may support thyroid hormone production.
- Iodine: Up to 1150 mcg daily. Intake above this amount is generally well tolerated. The exact dosage to be taken should be determined by thyroid function testing and the advice of a health care professional.
- Selenium: 200 – 400 mcg daily
- Zinc: 30 – 80 mg daily
- Copper: 1 – 2 mg daily
- Curcumin (as highly absorbed BCM-95®): 400 – 800 mg daily
- Natural Vitamin E: 400 IU alpha-tocopherol and 200 mg gamma-tocopherol
- Vitamin C: 1000 – 2000 mg daily
- Iron: Check for deficiency and correct if low
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin): 1000 – 2000 mcg daily
- DHEA: The exact dosage to be taken should be determined by blood testing and the advice of a physician. Typical dosages range from 15 – 75 mg daily taken in the morning. DHEA serum blood tests are suggested 3 – 6 weeks after initiating DHEA replacement therapy to optimize individual dosing.
- Pregnenolone: Check for deficiencies and correct if low. Typical dosages are 50 – 100 mg daily. A complete hormone profile is suggested when supplementing with pregnenolone as it may affect levels of other hormones, such as progesterone, estrogen, testosterone and/or DHEA.
- Rhodiola, standardized extract: 250 – 500 mg daily
- L-tyrosine: 500 – 1000 mg daily
In addition, the following blood testing resources may be helpful: