Life Extension Suggestions
Immune System Support:
- Zinc Lozenges: Take two zinc lozenges (13 – 24 mg of zinc in each lozenge) immediately and again every 2 – 3 hours for the first day or two. Then slowly reduce the dose until symptoms dissipate.
- Garlic: Take 9000 – 18 000 mg of a high-allicin garlic supplement each day until symptoms subside. Take with food to minimize stomach irritation.
- Vitamin D: If you do not already maintain a blood level of 25-hydroxyvitamin D over 50 ng/mL, then take 50 000 IU of vitamin D the first day and continue for 3 more days. Slowly reduce the dose to around 5000 IU of vitamin D daily. If you already take around 5000 IU of vitamin D daily, then you probably do not need to increase your intake.
- Melatonin: 3 – 50 mg at bedtime.
- Cimetidine: Take 800 – 1200 mg daily in divided doses. Cimetidine is a heartburn drug that has potent immune enhancing properties. (It is sold in pharmacies over-the-counter.)
- Pelargonium sidoides (1x solution): 1.5 mL three times daily
- Thyme extract: 160 mg three times daily
- Essential oil monoterpenes (containing cineole): 300 mg four times daily (for a maximum of two weeks)
- N-acetyl cysteine (NAC): 600 mg one to three times daily
- Vitamin E: 400 IU with at least 200 mg gamma tocopherol daily
- Curcumin (as highly absorbed BCM-95®): 400 mg daily
- Bromelain (enteric coated): 500 mg twice daily
In addition, the following blood tests may provide helpful information:
Disclaimer and Safety Information
This information (and any accompanying material) is not intended to replace the attention or advice of a physician or other qualified health care professional. Anyone who wishes to embark on any dietary, drug, exercise, or other lifestyle change intended to prevent or treat a specific disease or condition should first consult with and seek clearance from a physician or other qualified health care professional. Pregnant women in particular should seek the advice of a physician before using any protocol listed on this website. The protocols described on this website are for adults only, unless otherwise specified. Product labels may contain important safety information and the most recent product information provided by the product manufacturers should be carefully reviewed prior to use to verify the dose, administration, and contraindications. National, state, and local laws may vary regarding the use and application of many of the treatments discussed. The reader assumes the risk of any injuries. The authors and publishers, their affiliates and assigns are not liable for any injury and/or damage to persons arising from this protocol and expressly disclaim responsibility for any adverse effects resulting from the use of the information container herein.
The protocols raise many issues that are subject to change as new data emerge. None of our suggested protocol regimens can guarantee health benefits. The publisher has not performed independent verification of the data contained herein, and expressly disclaim responsibility for any error in literature.