Life Extension Suggestions
Immune System Support:
- Zinc Lozenges: Take two zinc lozenges (13 – 24 mg of zinc in each lozenge) immediately and again every 2 – 3 hours for the first day or two. Then slowly reduce the dose until symptoms dissipate.
- Garlic: Take 9000 – 18 000 mg of a high-allicin garlic supplement each day until symptoms subside. Take with food to minimize stomach irritation.
- Vitamin D: If you do not already maintain a blood level of 25-hydroxyvitamin D over 50 ng/mL, then take 50 000 IU of vitamin D the first day and continue for 3 more days. Slowly reduce the dose to around 5000 IU of vitamin D daily. If you already take around 5000 IU of vitamin D daily, then you probably do not need to increase your intake.
- Melatonin: 3 – 50 mg at bedtime.
- Cimetidine: Take 800 – 1200 mg daily in divided doses. Cimetidine is a heartburn drug that has potent immune enhancing properties. (It is sold in pharmacies over-the-counter.)
- Pelargonium sidoides (1x solution): 1.5 mL three times daily
- Thyme extract: 160 mg three times daily
- Essential oil monoterpenes (containing cineole): 300 mg four times daily (for a maximum of two weeks)
- N-acetyl cysteine (NAC): 600 mg one to three times daily
- Vitamin E: 400 IU with at least 200 mg gamma tocopherol daily
- Curcumin (as highly absorbed BCM-95®): 400 mg daily
- Bromelain (enteric coated): 500 mg twice daily
In addition, the following blood tests may provide helpful information: