Life Extension Suggestions
Youthful looking, vibrant skin is within reach – if you dedicate yourself to comprehensive skin care.
Any truly effective skin care regimen begins with a nutrient-dense, plant-based diet like the Mediterranean diet. Plenty of physical activity and adequate water intake ensure healthy circulation within the skin.
Supplementation with clinically tested natural ingredients complement the use of conventional and natural topical interventions to dualistically promote skin vibrance.
- Sunscreen (with dual protection against UVA and UVB, in a photostable complex; premium products also contain added active ingredients that offer support for skin structure and function) – Follow label directions
- Light daily moisturizer:
- A comprehensive daily moisturizer should include a combination of moisturizing agents, antioxidants, and bioactive peptides.
- Intensive nighttime moisturizer:
- A heavier nighttime cream containing hydrating moisturizers as well as the natural hormones DHEA and melatonin will support structural regeneration within facial skin while you sleep.
- Targeted topical support:
Look for specially formulated blends of functional ingredients specifically designed for your skin concerns; for example:
- Those with troublesome dark circles and "bags" under their eyes should consider an under-eye serum containing oxido reductase enzymes to support microcirculation;
- Those with uneven skin tone should consider a serum containing a high-potency concentration of vitamin C.
Supplemental Nutrients to Support Skin Health
In addition, the following blood testing resources may be helpful: