30 liquid packets (5 ml): MaxHealth Labs, Item# 16841
|Units||Non-Members||Members (Not a Member?)|
Unlimited shipments of any supplement. Learn More
Life Extension has identified certain compounds that mimic calorie restriction’s ability to trigger youthful gene expression, the process by which genes transmit signals that slow certain aspects of aging. Resveratrol is a phytoalexin, a natural plant antibiotic which is produced by Vitis vinifera as a response to attack by molds. Red wine contains resveratrol, but the quantity varies depending on where the grapes are grown, the time of harvest and other factors. In fact, usually only one to three mg of resveratrol per liter of red wine is currently found, even in the most robust red wines.
Research funded by the Life Extension Foundation showed that a combination of low-dose (20 mg) resveratrol plus grapeseed extract mimicked many of the favorable gene expression changes seen in calorie-restricted animals. Other studies indicate that higher doses may be needed to obtain all of resveratrol’s positive benefits including promoting healthy insulin sensitivity, enhanced mitochondrial function, reduced expression of inflammatory factors, and protection against the toxic effects of a high-fat diet.1-14
Liposomes are microscopic spheres that form a “bubble” to encase therapeutic agents inside a hollow space within. This allows the therapeutic agents to be protected from the destructive elements of the digestive system which enables them to be transported right to the bloodstream and cells. The use of liposomes is referred to as liposomal encapsulation within the science community.
After years of research, MaxHealth Labs introduced a proprietary supplement delivery system that utilizes liposomes. As a result of this technology, the liposomal microspheres are designed to deliver the given nutrient intracellularly to increase absorption, while preventing digestive discomfort that is sometimes associated with oral supplements.
1. Cell Metab. 2011 Nov 2;14(5):612-22
2. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2012 Jan 4. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2011 Aug;55(8):1197-206.
4. Atherosclerosis. 2007 Apr;191(2):265-71.
5. Mol Cancer. 2006 Oct 17;5:45.
6. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2007 Jun;16(6):1246-52.
7. Prostate. 2009 Nov 1;69(15):1668-82.
8. Surgery. 2010 Aug;148(2):453-62.
9. Arch Med Res. 2010 May;41(4):288-94.
10. Dose Response. 2010 Mar 18;8(4):478-500.
11. Food Chem Toxicol. 2011 Dec;49(12):3319-27.
12. J Endocrinol Invest. 2011 Nov;34(10):788-92.
13. Neurosci Lett. 2011 Oct 10;503(3):250-5.
14. Exerc Sport Sci Rev. 2011 Jul;39(3):128-32.
|Dosage and Use|
Packets can expand through time due to air from the filling proces. This does not affect the quality of the product.