1. Lewis RW, Fugl-Meyer KS, Corona G, et al. Definitions/epidemiology/risk factors for sexual dysfunction. J Sex Med. 2010;7(4):1598-607.
2. Laumann EO, Paik A, Rosen RC. Sexual dysfunction in the United States. Prevalence and predictors. JAMA. 1999;281(6):537-44.
3. Hisasue S, Kumamoto Y, Sato Y, et al. Prevalence of female sexual dysfunction symptoms and its relationship to quality of life: a Japanese female cohort study. Urology. 2005 Jan;65(1):143-8.
4. Berman L, Berman J, Felder S, et al. Seeking help for sexual function complaints: what gynecologists need to know about the female patient’s experience. Fertil Steril. 2003 Mar;79(3):572-6.
5. Jordan R, Hallam TJ, Molinoff P, Spana C. Developing treatments for female sexual dysfunction. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2011;89(1):137-41.
6. Zhu J-S, Halpern GM, Jones K. The scientific rediscovery of an ancient Chinese herbal medicine: Cordyceps sinensis parti. J Alt Complement Med. 1998;4(3):289-303.
7. Chang A, Kwak B-Y, Yi K, Kim JS. The effect of herbal extract (EstroG-100) on pre-, peri- and post-menopausal women: a randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Phtyother Res. 2011;doi:10.1002/ptr.3597.
8. Hiasue S, Kumamoto Y, Sato Y, et al. Prevalence of female sexual dysfunction symptoms and its relationship to quality of life: a Japanese female cohort study. Urology. 2005 Jan;65(1):143-8.
9. Saks BR. Common issues in female sexual dysfunction. Psych Times. 2008 April;15;25(5).
10. Rossouw JE, Anderson GL, Prentice RL, et al. Risks and benefits of estrogen plus progestin in healthy postmenopausal women: principal results From the Women’s Health Initiative randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2002;288(3):321-33.
11. Anderson GL, Limacher M, Assaf AR, et al. Effects of conjugated equine estrogen in postmenopausal women with hysterectomy: the Women’s Health Initiative randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2004;291(14):1701-12.
12. Vassilopoulou-Sellin R. Breast cancer and hormonal replacement therapy. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;997:341-50.
13. Wan F, Guo Y, Deng X. Sex hormone-like effects of JinShuiBao capsule: Pharmacological and clinical studies. Chinese Trad Pat Med. 1988;9:29-31.
14. Yang WZ, Deng Xa, Hu W. Treatment of sexual hypofunction with Cordyceps sinensis. Jiangxi Zhongyiyao. 1985;5:46-7.
15. Manabe N, Sugimoto M, Azume Y, et al. 1996. Effects of the mycelial extract of cultured Cordyceps sinensis on in vivo hepatic energy metabolism in the mouse. Jpn J Pharmacol. 70:85-8.
16. Wan F, Guo Y, Deng X. Sex hormone-like effects of JinShuiBao capsule: Pharmacological and clinical studies. Chinese Trad Pat Med. 1988;9:29-31.
17. Wang Y, Wang M, Ling Y, Fan W, Wang Y, Yin H. Structural determination and antioxidant activity of a polysaccharide from the fruiting bodies of cultured Cordyceps sinensis. Am J Chin Med. 2009;37(5):977-89.
18. Liu Z, Li P, Zhao D, Tang H, Guo J. Anti-inflammation effects of cordyceps sinensis mycelium in focal cerebral ischemic injury rats. Inflammation. 34(6):639-44.
19. Liu P, Zhu J, Huang Y, Liu C. Influence of Cordyceps sinensis (Berk.) Sacc. and rat serum containing same medicine on IL-1, IFN, and TNF produced by rat Kupffer. China J Chin Materia Medica. 1996;21:367-9.
20. Piacente S, Carbone V, Plaza A, Zampelli A, Pizza C. Investigation of the tuber constituents of maca (Lepidium meyenii Walp.). J Agricul Food Chem. 2002;50(20):5621–5.
21. Gonzales GF, Córdova A, Vega K, Chung A, Villena A, Góñez C. Effect of Lepidium meyenii (Maca), a root with aphrodisiac and fertility-enhancing properties, on serum reproductive hormone levels in adult healthy men. J Endocrinol. 2003 Jan;176(1):163-8.
22. Bogani P, Simonini F, Iriti M, et al. Lepidium meyenii (Maca) does not exert direct androgenic activities. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006 Apr 6;104(3):415-7.
23. Brooks NA, Wilcox G, Walker KZ, Ashton JF, Cox MB, Stojanovska L. Beneficial effects of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on psychological symptoms and measures of sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women are not related to estrogen or androgen content. Menopause. 2008 Nov-Dec;15(6):1157-62.
24. Gonzales GF. Ethnobiology and ethnopharmacology of Lepidium meyenii (Maca), a plant from the Peruvian Highlands. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:193496. Epub 2011 Oct 2.
25. Dording CM, Fisher L, Papakostas G, et al. A double-blind, randomized, pilot dose-finding study of maca root (L. meyenii) for the management of SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2008 Fall;14(3):182-91.
26. Chang A, Kwak B-Y, Yi K, Kim JS. The effect of herbal extract (EstroG-100) on pre-, peri- and post-menopausal women: a randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Phtyother Res. 2011;doi:10.1002/ptr.3597.
27. Francesco Visioli, Tory M. Hagen. Antioxidants to enhance fertility: Role of eNOS and potential benefits. Pharmacol Res. 2011 November;64(5):431-7.
28. Avitsur R, Weidenfeld J, Yirmiya R. Cytokines inhibit sexual behavior in female rats: II. Prostaglandins mediate the suppressive effects of interleukin-1beta. Brain Behav Immun. 1999 Mar;13(1):33-45.
29. Meyer JH, Ginovart N, Boovariwala A, et al. Elevated monoamine oxidase a levels in the brain: an explanation for the monoamine imbalance of major depression. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2006 November;63(11):1209-16.
30. Montejo AL, Llorca G, Izquierdo JA, Rico-Villademoros F. Incidence of sexual dysfunctions associated with antidepressant agents: a prospective multi-center study of 1022 outpatients. Spanish working group for the study of psychotropic-related Sexual Dysfunction. J Clin Psychiatry. 2001;62(Suppl 3):10-21.
31. Shih JC, Chen K, Ridd MJ. Monoamine oxidase: from genes to behavior. Annu Rev Neurosci. 1999;22:197-217.
32. Levine KB, Williams RE, Hartmann KE. Vulvovaginal atrophy is strongly associated with female sexual dysfunction among sexually active postmenopausal women. Menopause. 2008 Jul-Aug;15(4 Pt 1):661-6.
33. Simon JA. Identifying and treating sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women: the role of estrogen. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2011 Oct;20(10):1453-65.
34. Tan O, Bradshaw K, Carr BR. Management of vulvovaginal atrophy-related sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women: an up-to-date review. Menopause. 2012 Jan;19(1):109-17.