Life Extension Suggestions
Wash face gently with unscented, oil-free cleansers and keep skin clean.
Use only oil-free moisturizers.
Use cosmetics sparingly. Use only hypoallergenic, oil-free cosmetics.
Resist the urge to squeeze, scratch, or pick at acne lesions. Let them drain when they are ready.
- Curcumin (as highly absorbed BCM-95®): 400 mg daily
- Zinc: 30 mg one to three times daily
- Tea tree oil: apply topically to the affected area
- Niacin (as niacinamide): 500 – 1000 mg daily
- Vitamin A (as 90% beta-carotene and 10% acetate): 5000 IU daily
- Vitamin E: 400 IU daily with at least 200 mg gamma tocopherol
- Aloe vera (topical): apply topically to the affected area
- Barberry extract: 600 mg daily (or 60 mg berberine daily)
- Green tea extract (topical): apply topically to the affected area
- Seaweed extract (topical): apply topically to the affected area
- Lactoferrin (providing 95% apolactoferrin [285 mg]): 300 mg daily
- Gugulipid (std. to 2.5% guggulsterones): 750 – 1000 mg daily
In addition, the following blood testing suggestions may provide helpful information: